Four Stars

tgreenplumoutput-: current transaction is aborted commands ignored until end of transaction block

When trying to copy data from the source (MSSQLSERVER) TO target (Greenplum database) using Talend ETL server.error_txnblock.PNG

GIVEN
No of records fetching to target is ~ 0.3 million
Update is failing with error
ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
Any help on it would be much appreciated
The solution I tried:
When ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK is enabled, PSQL will issue a SAVEPOINT before every command you send to Greenplum
gpadmin=# \set ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK interactive
But after that, we tried running the same Job and it did not solve the problem.

3 REPLIES

Re: tgreenplumoutput-: current transaction is aborted commands ignored until end of transaction block

Hi,

The transaction cannot be committed which will probably cause this issue.

Could you please try to uncheck "Use batch" option in advanced settings of tgreenplumoutput or add an alternate flow to the commit(OnSubjobError--> tgreenplumRollback) to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: tgreenplumoutput-: current transaction is aborted commands ignored until end of transaction block

When I have applied this solution.

Getting this error :

Batch entry 0 UPDATE "schemaname.tablename "ID" = 1,"time" = 2017-05-09 09:01:06.757000 -04:00:00,"SalesOrder" = 039710,"Customer" = 0000928,"OrderStatus" = 9,"CancelledFlag" =  WHERE "SalesOrder" = 039710 was aborted.  Call getNextException to see the cause.

What this error tells : Still Update fails

Please suggest

How do  I update  0.3 million records in tgreenplumoutput?

Ten Stars

Looks like you're missing a CancelledFlag value.