One Star

tfilterrow and tmap filter problems

Hello,
as you can see in my attached pics I united some tables. These tables I wanted to filter with tfilterrow and there the first problem occurred. I just wanted to get all rows where the Input Column "Idx_1" (=datatype string) is not empty. As you can see in the attached tfilterrow pic I realised that through the shown criteria but I do not unterstand why I have to use the "reject-ouput" and not the "main-output" if I want to get all the rows where "Idx_1" is not "". And the strange thing in my eyes is: When I change the operator from != to == nothing gets filtered. All 3913 rows run through. Should that not be the opposite from != (this has been 3516 rows and that's why it should be 397 and not all 3913 rows, to my mind).

and the next point I do not unterstand is, why the filter in tmap does not work. I wanted to get all rows with the VERSICHERTEN_ID =="6800E6684835F7E15E24A591C6DCFD1E". I copied this ID directly from the input data in the tmap filter but it shows 0 rows in the output. It should be 1 row.
Has anyone any explanations or help for these problems?
Thank you!!
Alex
4 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: tfilterrow and tmap filter problems

hi,
for comparison String (in java ) use method equals
... that represents the same sequence of characters ..

hope it solve your problem
++
One Star

Hi,
thank you for your answer. I have pretty no knowledge in java. How can I use this? Whats the correct syntax?
row4.VERSICHERTEN_ID equals("6800E6684835F7E15E24A591C6DCFD1E")?
or
row4.VERSICHERTEN_ID equals(6800E6684835F7E15E24A591C6DCFD1E)

none of this works!
Seventeen Stars

supposed that row4.VERSICHERTEN_ID is an String Object, you use it like a method of any other object :
row4.VERSICHERTEN_ID.equals("6800E6684835F7E15E24A591C6DCFD1E")
// you compare 2 Strings (in java a String is an object and for a literal it's always between double quote

this method return boolean (true or false) @see doc
++
One Star

now its clear. Thank you very much.