One Star

teradataOutput

I am getting the following error extracting from a table and inserting into a another table in teradata.
Exception in component tTeradataOutput_1
com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: : Only an ET or null statement is legal after a DDL Statement.
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.ReceiveInitSubState.action(ReceiveInitSubState.java:92)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.subStateMachine(StatementReceiveState.java:270)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementReceiveState.action(StatementReceiveState.java:161)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.runBody(StatementController.java:100)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.statemachine.StatementController.run(StatementController.java:91)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.Statement.executeStatement(Statement.java:287)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.Statement.prepareRequest(Statement.java:441)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.PreparedStatement.<init>(PreparedStatement.java:51)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.TDSession.createPreparedStatement(TDSession.java:353)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalPreparedStatement.<init>(TeraLocalPreparedStatement.java:86)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalConnection.prepareStatement(TeraLocalConnection.java:323)
at com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_3.ifjdbc_4.TeraLocalConnection.prepareStatement(TeraLocalConnection.java:145)
at bmg_java.bmg_0_1.bmg.tTeradataInput_2Process(bmg.java:676)
at bmg_java.bmg_0_1.bmg.runJobInTOS(bmg.java:1211)
at bmg_java.bmg_0_1.bmg.main(bmg.java:1106)
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: teradataOutput

Hello
Go to the 'advanced settings' and set the commit every field as 0 will solve the problem.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Re: teradataOutput

Hi Shong,
I am facing the same problem in tTeradataRow component, even after changing the commit to 0 in Advanced settings.
In my process, I am creating a volatile table and then insert records in that table.
Let me know if there is better approach to accomplish this.
Thanks
Mahesh Singh