telnet client for talend?

One Star

telnet client for talend?

Hi all,
I have the need of connecting through "telnet" to a server and execute some commands. Since now, I always connected to servers using ssh, so the "tSSH" component fully fitted my needs. But now my question is: since there is not a "tTelnet" component, does someone can help me find the solution?
I need to:
1) connect to the server through telnet (so connecting to port 23)
2) authenticate with user and password
3) execute command and retrieve the output
So I have to do the same things that component "tSSH" does, but with telnet.
Thank you for any help.

Re: telnet client for talend?

Hi,
So far, we don't have such Telnet component satisfied your needs. For system components, there are only tRunjob, tSetEnv, tSSH and tSystem.
You should open a JIRA issue in the Talend DI project of the JIRA bugtracker for a new feature.
Please post the issue link here so that other community users will see it, thanks a lot.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you Sabrina for the quick reply.
I've opened a "New Feature" request as you suggested.
Here there is the link:
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-25977
Best Regards.

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback and Our developer are working on it to see if it is possible to have telnet component in talend.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

3 Years and still no Telnet Component!
Are your developers REALLY working on it :-)!

Hi,
Could you please vote for this new feature jira issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--