talend hangs while working( not responding)

Six Stars

talend hangs while working( not responding)

Hi ,

I have 8 gb of ram and i have also edited.ini file by -Xmx2048m. still no improvement.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: talend hangs while working( not responding)

I am using Windows 7. There are no errors in the error log.  However, I think I found the problem.

The tLogRow component was logging all my rows from my CSV file to the console, so I could see the output on the "Run" TAB.  After running my job, it was outputting a large amount of text, which was fine.  But when changing TABS or going back to the RUN tab, it was making Talend Studio unresponsive.  If I clear the console under the RUN tab, everything seemed to behave again.  So the problem is that Talend Studio is not handling large amounts of data being outputted to the console and viewed in the RUN tab.  I will have to output to a text file instead of the console.

All Replies

Hello,

There is not enough information for us to address your hang issue. Did  this issue occur at startup or job design? Is there any error message in log which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

It does,t give any error message .It keeps on waiting sign with a circular ring with other tabs and buttons disabled and shows talend is not responding. 

Hi,

Did  this issue occur at talend studio startup or job execution?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Same here. Happens to me once changing tab on talend designer.

Four Stars

Hi Good Day,

I am facing below issue for my talend job:

Some times my job was not able to generate output files after calling toracleSP (executed successfully)

But output files are not generating.

Please help me on this.

Thanks.

Hello prudhvi_7,

What is your target output?

Could you please post your current job design screenshot on forum? Is there any error message printed on console?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hi GoodDay,

Thanks for your reply ,

-- tfileoutputexcel is my output, and there is no error message in console.

below screen for your reference.

image.png
Thanks & Regards,

Prudhvi.

Hello,

We don't see data flow(rows/s) from your screenshot. Are there any rows loaded from your tOracleInput-->tMap to output files after executing tOracleSP component?

Did you use any tOracleConnection, tOracleCommit and tOracleClose components in your work flow?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

My Talend Studio (6.5.1) also keeps hanging, usually when changing tabs in the Designer palette. Sometimes it comes back, and other times I have to kill Talend Studio and restart it.

If I double click a tab in the Design palette to make it full screen, it always freezes (Not Responding) and I have to kill Talend Studio and start it up again fresh.

I have 8GB RAM.

See attached screenshot of the freeze.  This is making Talend Studio almost unusable.

Hello,

Could you please let us know what's your OS? Don't you have anything in the View "Error log" when your talend hangs?

In your Studio, click Window to open the menu, then select Show View->General->Error Log. Once you see an error, double click it.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

I am using Windows 7. There are no errors in the error log.  However, I think I found the problem.

The tLogRow component was logging all my rows from my CSV file to the console, so I could see the output on the "Run" TAB.  After running my job, it was outputting a large amount of text, which was fine.  But when changing TABS or going back to the RUN tab, it was making Talend Studio unresponsive.  If I clear the console under the RUN tab, everything seemed to behave again.  So the problem is that Talend Studio is not handling large amounts of data being outputted to the console and viewed in the RUN tab.  I will have to output to a text file instead of the console.

Ten Stars

I run into this problem when logging even modest amounts of data. Rows in the dozens bring the interface to a crawl until I clear the log.