One Star

talend 6.3.0 new error after upgrade: connected componet closed loop

hi please can you assist...
we have been working with Talend for some time but recently upgrade from 5.3.2 to version 6.2 which gave us all sorts of memory issues, so we moved to 6.3.
The new error on a very stable set of jobs is - error: the connected component in a job must not form a closed loop. please check.
not sure where to start as this job does not contain a loop its just a set of jobs that run one after the other on component Ok
Many thanks
18 REPLIES

Re: talend 6.3.0 new error after upgrade: connected componet closed loop

Hi,
What's the error message about memory you are getting on V 6.2? 
Talend's 6.3.0 is beta release version for testing not a released version.
Could you please give us more information about your current job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina
the previous version 6.2. would take forever to just build the jobs and we also noticed that when you try run more than 1 concurrently it would cause the other to fail.. definitely had memory leak issues as already logged by other users.
We use talend extensively this job is a main batch job to run start of DAY ETL's from an Oracle Db in the states to MS SQL in Cape town.
Can you recommend a version above 5.3.2 and below 6.2 that is very stable as we need a reliable platform for our batch processing and online jobs throughout the day
Many thanks

Hi,
the previous version 6.2. would take forever to just build the jobs and we also noticed that when you try run more than 1 concurrently it would cause the other to fail.. definitely had memory leak issues as already logged by other users.
We use talend extensively this job is a main batch job to run start of DAY ETL's from an Oracle Db in the states to MS SQL in Cape town.

Are you using talend open studio 6.2? Could you please post your job setting screenshots into forum which will be helpful for us to address your memory issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

sorry which screen shot do you want me to send? not sure...
One Star

Sabrina can you pls confirm
One Star

I'm having the same issue, a job that worked fine with 6.2 shows the error "The connected components in a Job must not form a closed loop."  The job does not form any kind of loop, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error.  When I downloaded 6.3 I didn't see anything about it being beta, the main download link for the ESB version automatically downloads 6.3.
Twelve Stars

Hi Sabrina,
may be You don't know - but on Talend Web Site 6.3 marked as production and stable :-) (on this forum - yes it still only Beta topic)
So, yes - it very unstable - on 1 of my computer ! still can not process of initial setup - half of files loaded, than - no file found and brake

-----------
One Star

Why cant I have a closed loop in my jobs anymore? thats so unreasonable. Basically the same components will be getting redundant, why cant we just reuse the same component getting triggered from different channels? It was working fine until Talend 6.1.0 , why did you guys change this ?
One Star

Hi,
I had the same issue when exporting my job from TOS DI 6.2.1 to TOS ESB 6.3.0.
As you can see on the screenshots, with ESB, I have the same error message (The connected components in a job must not form a closed loop. Please Check.)
When I build this job I have no error, but, I have the error symbol on all components within the "loop" which is ...disturbing.
Maybe I didn't notice some option, or parameter to avoid this error message ?
Any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy
Edit : Unfortunately, I can't post screenshots...

Hi,
Can you click "UPLOAD" button to attach your screenshots?
Note: Screenshots works only if you drag&drop the image directly in the editor window. 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Here are the screenshots, Hope it will help.

Hi,
From job design screenshot, it seems there is a circle in your workflow.
Could you please take a look at KB article about:TalendHelpCenter:Can I create a Job with multiple paths from a single source to the same target?
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi,
Is this solution mentioned in KB article Ok with you? Don't hesitate to post your issue here.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hello,
I have the same issue when upgrading TOS BD from 6.1 to 6.3.
I have a job without loop, there was no issue on 6.1, but on the new version I have the warning message : "error: the connected component in a job must not form a closed loop. please check."
If I run the job, everything runs just fine.
Here attached is a screenshot of my job flow.
One Star

I have the same problem
But I don't have a loop
Sorry but I can't add an image because I can't connect (I log in but redirection to the forum doesn't work, I'm still disonnected)
Here is my screen shot : 

Hi 6it222,
Did you get any login issue? Have you ever logged in talend forum succesfully?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi, 
I have the same problem.
I haven't any loop just a conditions (Run if) and subject OK.
I have many jobs with the same configurations and now i can't run it whith this version 6.3
Rollback to previous version !
Six Stars

Talend 6.3.0 
Windows 7
Same error as mentioned above -- migrated from TOS 6.1.0 to TOS 6.3.0 and got "The connected components in job must not form a closed loop".
There is no closed loop. 
(Can't upload image)