tab separator in tFileoutputDelimited and tFileoutputExcel

One Star

tab separator in tFileoutputDelimited and tFileoutputExcel

hello
what character should be used in a regular tFileoutputDelimited in order to get tab separator at the end ?
is it possible to write in the same tFileoutputExcel excel file with different steps ? anyway to write in different sheets of this tFileoutputExcel along the job ? the idea would be to export in the same file in different sheets several dataset
David
Employee

Re: tab separator in tFileoutputDelimited and tFileoutputExcel

Hello
what character should be used in a regular tFileoutputDelimited in order to get tab separator at the end ?

"\t"
is it possible to write in the same tFileoutputExcel excel file with different steps ? anyway to write in different sheets of this tFileoutputExcel along the job ? the idea would be to export in the same file in different sheets several dataset

I'm sorry to say that this option is not available, neither in Perl components, neither in Java components.
Regards,
Michaël.
One Star

many thanks for this answer
One Star

Hi,
Could any please let me know how i can name it with data for output file using tfileoutputdelimited? I have to output the file as "FileNameMMDDYYYY.txt" each day. File name should that day data in place of MMDDYYY.
Thanks,

Hi srk08536,
You'd better open a new topic for your requirement, which provide other community user with a chance to give a response.
For you scenario, here is related forum Forum 8836:customize the tFileOutputDelimited filename, hope it will be useful for your case.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your reply. I am not able to find the option to create new topic. That's why I posted my questions on the existing topics.
Five Stars

use below code in file name text box.
"FileName"+TalendDate.getDate("MMddyyyy")+".txt"

Hi srk08536,
From forum home page, select related section and get into it. You will find link "Post a new topic" by which you can create new topic with your subject. Let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.