tXMLMap: moving elements up and down

One Star

tXMLMap: moving elements up and down

Hi everyone,
Am I missing something or is it impossible to move a sub-element (for example in a header section) move up or down after creating it? It just end up right at the bottom, and since I forgot to add this element before creating the others, my only option is to create everything from scratch.

I marked the field in my screenshot and I have so far been unable to move it.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Cihan
One Star

Re: tXMLMap: moving elements up and down

Anyone? I'm really reluctant to build the whole tree from scratch everytime a new fields gets added... It must be somehow possible.
Seventeen Stars

the yellow arrow doesn't fit your need ?

regards
One Star

My arrows are greyed out unfortunately. Is your screenshot from a tXMLMap as well?
Seventeen Stars

yes Smiley Happy
Seems you're on a read only permissions .
One Star

Hmmm, ok. Any idea on how that can be disabled?
Thanks for the help, by the way.
One Star

Wait, my type is set to "Document" so that I can use a few other txmlmap options. Maybe it has something to do with that.
Seventeen Stars

for my test I have use Document type to read it , define the schema input for tMap calling a file (xsd) and drag&drop element to output.
regards
One Star

For anyone interested in this issue. The only way I found to move an element up and down in an already defined XML tree was editing your job .item file, directly in the workspace (while having the job closed), and cut+paste the part of the XML definition elsewhere in the tree structure.
Ugly but effective.