One Star

tXMLMap ignores the option "Create empty element"

Hello,
I need to map some XML data with "tXMLMap" and I need to set the option "Create empty element" to "false" so the mapping doesn't generate empty tags, but Talend is ignoring this option and it always generates the empty tags.
My output is like this:
<a>99</a><b></b><c></c>
And I would like it to be like this:
<a>99</a>
I checked this link (https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-25903) where it says that this issue has been fixed, but I have tried with Talend Open Studio for DI 5.2.2, Talend Open Studio for ESB 5.2.2 and Talend Open Studio for ESB 5.3.0, having the same behaviour on all of the versions.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is this bug still under development?
Thanks,
Julipool
5 REPLIES

Re: tXMLMap ignores the option "Create empty element"

Hi Julipool,
This bug has been fixed on version 5.2.3, 5.3.1 but not Talend Open Studio for DI 5.2.2, Talend Open Studio for ESB 5.2.2 and Talend Open Studio for ESB 5.3.0. In addition, The bug status is " Development done " which means that this bug has been modified by our developer but not been tested by Our QA team yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Many thanks for your response.
Kind regards,
Julipool

Hi,
You are welcome and I keep tracking this jira issue and inform you as long as the fixed version is released.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I have Talend Open Studio for ESB 5.4.1 and i'm still facing this problem.
I only found this issue TDI-28597 about this problem, marked as "Is not a Bug", but in my case i don't have empty strings.
I have an element (a list) that contains a sequence of elements with attribute minOccurs="0" 
<xs:element name="list">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="el" type="type" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

In output i have one element "el" with al his child nodes empty :
<list xmlns="namespace">
<el>
<example1 xmlns="ex1"/>
<example2 xmlns="ex2"/>
</el>
</list>

do you have an update for this issue?
Thanks,
Marco
Community Manager

Hi
If you don't have empty strings then this is not the same problem. Can you create a new topic in the Forum rather then use an existing topic? this makes your post more visible.
Also provide more information about your Job and the strings that are not empty so that we can figure out what happened.
Cheers,
Elisa