tXMLMAP column indexing

Six Stars

tXMLMAP column indexing

Hi,

I am currently working on a API and make to the API, however, the response which I ma receiving is not the same as it is when the url is typed into the browser.

As  quick check to see if the XMLMapping is working I create a tLog out to see what the data looks like, however, it is not consistence and in line with the URL.

The date of the xml should be the current date, however, its showing 11-04-0007

I thought maybe its the response schema which cause the XML column alignment not work, however, rearranging these columns does not work.

Please see attached which shows my job design along with settings and output.

I am sure its very simple, however, I cannot figure it out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: tXMLMAP column indexing

@Shaf_B 

Thanks for the update. Could you please close the current post since the original query is resolved now and create the new query in a new post?

Since other Talend community members will be referring the existing posts, they may get confused if we pursue totally different queries through same post. At a quick glance, I could think either it could be due to value tot propagating properly to API or API is not picking the value even though we are giving. Lets dig deep in new post.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

All Replies
Employee

Hi,

Could you please print the output of the Rest call before sending to XML map? Please refer the format of the date coming from the source. I guess you are not picking the data in same date format and that is the issue.

Could you please also specify the data types you are using in the target section of tXMLMap? If you are using the date datatype, please try to print the data as String first to see the actual output from the API call. 

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

Six Stars

@nikhilthampi 

I thank you for your reply, I have managed to fix this issue. I think you were right, its was formattiong issues.

Thank you again.

I am trying to make a call to the same API but with date parameters, however, it would see that although the date variable is being read, it is not being passed through the API for some reason.

I am trying to load historical data therefor passing a date variable 

I do not have a date table, through just trying to pass one date through to ensure it works, but it ignores the date variable and pulls back today's data.

Employee

@Shaf_B 

Thanks for the update. Could you please close the current post since the original query is resolved now and create the new query in a new post?

Since other Talend community members will be referring the existing posts, they may get confused if we pursue totally different queries through same post. At a quick glance, I could think either it could be due to value tot propagating properly to API or API is not picking the value even though we are giving. Lets dig deep in new post.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Studio Improvements for API Services

Take a look at the Talend Studio improvements for API Services

Watch Now

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks