Five Stars

tWebService Output Mapping Question

I am working through configuring calls to an application web service.  I am not sure how and what parameters to put on the Output Mapping tab of the tWebService.  Ultimately I want to determine if I get back a success response or an error response and act accordingly.  Here is my simple job:

DB to Web Service JobDB to Web Service Job

tWebService Basic Settings

tWebService Basic Settings tabtWebService Basic Settings tab

Tab 1 - WSDL no issues.

tWebService WSDL tabtWebService WSDL tab

Tab 2 - Input Mapping seems fine.

tService Input Mapping TabtService Input Mapping Tab

Output mapping tab is where I'm stuck.  I see the parameters element listed on the left side.  I'm confused on how get right side of this dialog populated and mapped.

tWebService Output mapping tabtWebService Output mapping tab

Here are screenshots of the Input Schema and Output Schema dialogs on the tWebService component:

Input SchemaInput SchemaOutput SchemaOutput Schema

soapUI responses with error and success messages:

Error ResponseError ResponseSuccess ResponseSuccess Response

Finally, I had imported the definitions for ASSET and ASSETResponse XML definitions.  I suspect I need to have an outbound payload that looks like that response format that looks like this:

ASSETResponse XML fileASSETResponse XML file

I do not understand how to add this and more importantly how to map from parameters to all the fault* fields.

Apologies for the long post.  For some reason I am unable to upload the XSD and WSDL files.  They are available if needed for reference. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: tWebService Output Mapping Question

Hi
You are using a very old version of studio. From your screenshot, i see the "+" button is gray in the output mapping, not sure if it was a bug on the version you are using. Can you test the example webservice to see if it works?
"http://www.webservicex.net/country.asmx?WSDL"

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
1 REPLY
Community Manager

Re: tWebService Output Mapping Question

Hi
You are using a very old version of studio. From your screenshot, i see the "+" button is gray in the output mapping, not sure if it was a bug on the version you are using. Can you test the example webservice to see if it works?
"http://www.webservicex.net/country.asmx?WSDL"

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business