tVertica Output Insert Porblem

One Star

tVertica Output Insert Porblem

Hi,
    I am inserting one csv file to Vertica table. i am using tVertica output for inserting. In file i have 9,000 records and after insert i checked in table there are only 8950 records.
after this i did some test cases as follows :
1. i gave "Drop and create table if exist" in tVerticaOutput and checked count in table, its exactly same as number of rows in file.
2. i have manually created table and given "Default" in tVerticaOutput and checked count in table, but 50 rows where missing in table.
3. i have manually created table and manually used COPY command in Vertica table, now all rows got inserted.
So now my doubt is why all rows are not getting inserted from TOOL to table. Please share your suggestions.
Regards,
AKKI
Seventeen Stars

Re: tVertica Output Insert Porblem

What is the Action in data? Insert or Insert and update or ....
Does your schema for the Vertical table has a primary key?
One Star

Hi jlolling,
        Thank you for response. Action on data is "Insert". and there is no primary key in table. Only one date field is "not null" in schema, but in file all records have date.
I am creating partition for table on date field. Again i did the test case, where i created table without Partition and tried to insert from tool but result is same, 50 records missing after insert!!!
For same table inserted through "COPY" command manually, now all rows got inserted.
* I have tried with copy option from tVerticaOutput also but in this case zero rows got inserted.
* Also used gave tVerticaconnection "Auto Commit" and tried, but again all rows not getting inserted!!
Please let me where i am going wrong. I'm using TOS version 5.2.2 in Linux red hat machine.
Regards,
AKKI
Seventeen Stars

I would start to find out what makes the 50 records different from the others. 
Six Stars

Unfortunately, with the Talend-Vertica Copy component, it will not tell you if rows are rejected and the option to stop the load, if so, is not implemented in the Talend component.  Have you checked the  .../CopyErrorLogs directory on all Vertica nodes for rejects/explantions?