Five Stars jay
Five Stars

tVerifyEmail responds with incorrect Verification Level code

Hello,
I have successfully used the tVerifyEmail component but am now confused as to why some email addresses do not get 'Verified'. 
I've setup the component as per the example provided by Talend with the option of 'Check with mail server callback' since I would like to verify if the email address actually exists on that domain as per the description of the component (VERIFIED: means that the email address does exist at the domain)
I've added a few email addresses to this job as follows (I'm only adding the domain here):
@gmail.com = VERIFIED
@hotmail.co.uk = VALID
@outlook.com = VALID
@btinternet.com = VERIFIED
There is nothing wrong with the response received. The issue I see is why is hotmail.co.uk and outlook.com not returned as VERIFIED when I know that the email addresses being used are perfectly valid and exist as I use these regularly to communicate?
I have also tried some valid email addresses by removing some characters using @gmail.com domain and got a VALID response. My confusion here is that although it's VALID should the response not have been REJECTED as these do not exist on that domain? The other scenario being that these ones could exist, spelt incorrectly. In which case should these not be VERIFIED instead? 
If anyone out there can shed some light on this, that would be great as I am somewhat confused:-/ at the responses for the Verification Level and have no real confidence in the components ability to do what it's meant to do.
Thanks
Jay
3 REPLIES

Re: tVerifyEmail responds with incorrect Verification Level code

Hi,
Would you mind posting your job setting screenshots into forum which will be helpful for us to address your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars jay
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Here you go. 
I've attached both the job and he component settings.
Thanks
Jay
Five Stars jay
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Have you had a chance to look at this?
thanks
Jay