tUnite is outputting more rows than input

Eight Stars

tUnite is outputting more rows than input

I have a tUnite component that is producing more rows than are going into it, and two that are producing nothing. I suspect that the outputs from the other two tUnite components are going into the first!

Here is the first:

unite1.png

Here is one of the others, showing one row going in and none coming out:

unite2.png

Any ideas? I don't think it is a visual glitch, as the aggregate writes out to a file, and the file is not being written.

Eight Stars

Re: tUnite is outputting more rows than input

Something weird is happening, because the flow appears to be executing three times every time I run it. Is there something weird happening with having several tUnite components in a job?

Hello,

There is no output row from your tMap component. What does your tMap component setting look like?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Eight Stars

The tMap is producing no rows because there are no rows going into it. The purpose of the tFixedFlowInput and tUnite is to handle this very situation - I want the tAggregate to output a count of zero if there are no rows, but if there are no rows, then the tAggregate doesn't output anything at all. The tFixedFlowInput created a row with a NULL in a particular column, and the tAggregate counts non-NULL values, producing a zero count.

I have since changed to using a tJavaRow component, and fetching the global row count in a subsequent sub-job.

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values? We will see if your job design is right size for you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now