One Star

tUnite Merge order not acting expected

I have 3 flows going into a tUnite component; 2 flows come straight from delimited files and one from a flow that originates from a several databases and then goes through a tMap before getting to the tUnite. No matter how I change the merge order, however, the data still gets merged in the same order, which is the data from the tMap first and then the other 2 files flows. No matter what the tMap data gets merged into the flow first, when I want it merged second. Basically I want it to work like a concatenate component in Ab Initio
2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: tUnite Merge order not acting expected

It would help us if you could:
- tell the TOS release you use
- tell which language you've selected for this project (Perl/Java)
- give some screenshots of your job
- give a sample of input data and the corresponding expected output data
One Star

Re: tUnite Merge order not acting expected

Sorry, I should have provided more information.
TOS Version: 2.3.1
Language: Java.
I am using the tUnite to create a large stream of MySQL updates queries. There 3 inputs numbered in the expected (hoped for) merge order are...
1. The header section (merge order 1, into the tUnite) comes from a file (labelled $SERIAL_STATIC set_warn_head.dat, in the image below) and contains the 1 line SET max_error_count=30000;
2. The main stream of data (merge order 2, into the tUnite) which is converted into 0 to n number of update strings, i.e. there can be a varying number of update strings, which contain values such as...
UPDATE FeesExpenses SET Symbol = 'MWE', ExchangeAbbrev = 'NYS', ExchangeCountry = 'USA' where pfsid = 2; COMMIT;
UPDATE FundOverview SET Symbol = 'MWE', ExchangeAbbrev = 'NYS', ExchangeCountry = 'USA' where pfsid = 2; COMMIT;
UPDATE FundPerformance SET Symbol = 'MWE', ExchangeAbbrev = 'NYS', ExchangeCountry = 'USA' where pfsid = 2; COMMIT;
UPDATE GrowthOf10KBody SET Symbol = 'MWE', ExchangeAbbrev = 'NYS', ExchangeCountry = 'USA' where pfsid = 2; COMMIT;

3. The footer section (merge order 3, into the tUnite) comes from a file (labelled $SERIAL_STATIC set_warn_tail.dat, in the image below) and contains the 1 line show warnings;
After the unite this data is all outputted to a file and when I tail the file I see...
UPDATE TotalReturnsStandardized SET Symbol = 'MHILLIRL', ExchangeAbbrev = 'NMF', ExchangeCountry = 'USA' where pfsid = 90490; COMMIT;
UPDATE TotalReturnsTaxAnalysis SET Symbol = 'MHILLIRL', ExchangeAbbrev = 'NMF', ExchangeCountry = 'USA' where pfsid = 90490; COMMIT;
UPDATE TotalReturnsTrailingTotalReturns SET Symbol = 'MHILLIRL', ExchangeAbbrev = 'NMF', ExchangeCountry = 'USA' where pfsid = 90490; COMMIT;
SET max_error_count=30000;
show warnings;

I have loaded 2 images. 1 with the full graph (fairly simple, not a lot going on) and the other showing the merge order details.

I appreciate any help you can give. Regards, Mike