One Star

tUnit is not uniting csv files

Hi there,
I am attempting to use tUnite component to merge two sets of csv files (2 in each set). Both sets have exactly the same schema (that is to say the same number of columns). Both sets were produced from a previous DI job in Talend.
Now the problem is I can merge the first set but I cannot merge the second set and I cannot think of a reason why the second set will not merge. All 4 CSV files are in the exact same format/schema (although containing different sets of data).
Is there any reason why a tUnite component will not merge input files?
Thanks,
Facoda
This is the job of the first set that works
This is the job of the second set as can be seen not output to tLogRow
8 REPLIES

Re: tUnit is not uniting csv files

Hi,
On which official version did you get that? Could you please also show us tUnit schema setting screenshots in set 2?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdsi,
Please see below the version I'm using.

Below is the schema

Do you think the length of the product name field could be affecting the unit. In the schema I have defined the length as 10/String but in one of the files in the set 2 value for one record in the product name is actually about 40 characters. I'll look into this but wondering if this could be the cause.... 
Thanks,

Hi,
Do you think the length of the product name field could be affecting the unit. In the schema I have defined the length as 10/String but in one of the files in the set 2 value for one record in the product name is actually about 40 characters. I'll look into this but wondering if this could be the cause....

We will make a testing on Talend 5.5.1 to see if this issue can repro.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi there,
I recreated the unite job again (for the second set) and re-created the ETL for the output of the second set of 2 files.
This time it work. It seems it was an issue with the schema or replication of the schema or schemas not being the same between the tUnit, tFileDelimitedOutput and Input files.
Anyway, I can't give a definite answer as to why it's working but it's more likely to be a schema mismatch some where along the process.
Thanks,
Facoda

Hi,
Actually, we cannot repro this issue.
Does this issue repro on 5.6.2(latest released version). Have you tried it?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
The issue seems to be resolved. I'm not sure why it did not work the first time but it might have been a bug so I recreated all the jobs. I think the issue was with the schemas being different between the tUnit component and the tFile output and input delimited components.
Thanks,
Facoda

Hi,
Did you click "Sync columns" in tFileOutputDelmited component to fix it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi there,
Yeah but initially that did not fix the issue. 
What I did was for the tFileOutputDelimited (taken from repository) I linked it to the tUnit and then synced the columns. Then on the 2 tFileInputDeilimited I copied over the columns to these components from tUnit schema and that seemed to work.
This is what I can remember.
Thanks,
Facoda