tTwitterInput problem

One Star

tTwitterInput problem

I'm trying to install your beta components for Twitter (OAuth, Input, OAuthClose) on a ToS 4.2 Win.
The components appears in the palette, but when run I get loads of error regarding twitter4j:
Module twitter4j-core-2.2.6.jar required
Module twitter4j-async-2.2.6.jar required
Module twitter4j-media-support-2.2.6.jar required
Module twitter4j-stream-2.2.6.jar required
All of these files are in the component folder of tTwitterInput (and OAuth, but not in OAuthClose)
Any ideas where I'm going wrong?
Community Manager

Re: tTwitterInput problem

Hi
Please refer to the instructions and tourbleshooting in this page Installing a custom component
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks!
I followed the instruction which seemed to apply to my situation:
"If you get a missing jars error, when using the component in a Job, try the following procedure:
Install the component again (without uninstalling the component installed previously).
Delete the file <Talend Studio installation dir>\configuration\ComponentCache.javacache and restart Talend Studio."
But it didn't help.
Could it be that the component is not compatible with 4.2.3?
Component does not come from the Exchange, but from http://gabrielebaldassarre.com/talend/ttwitterinput/
Anyone succeeded in installing and running it?
Any tips?
Community Manager

Hi
I tried to install this component and got the same problem, this is a user component and I suggest you to contact the author of the component.
Shong
One Star

Hi,
Thanks.
I've been in contact with the developer.
He reports:
1) he's had problem with this and have sent a bug report to the Talend team.
2) he's working on a new release using a different library, although "progress very slow on it".
3) he suggests a workaround (which I haven't tested yet): "manually copy the JARs you quoted in <TOS-ROOT>/lib/java
I'll report back if I get this to work.
One Star

Good morning to all,
I finally released a new version of these components, with new features and (hopefully) without that nasty bug. I must admit I was not able to reproduce the bug, but since shong had the same problem, too, i have no doubt that a bug is effectively there.
If you could try the new release of the component to check if the bug it's still present it would be very helpful.
Tnx for your support,
gabriele
Community Manager

Hi gabriele
Thanks for your quickly fix for this issue, I am willing to test your new component. I will come back to you later.
Shong
Community Manager

Hi
I installed the new components and still get the missing jars error, I fix the error by installing manually them from Module view:
1. In the Modules view, click the 'import jar' button at the upper right corner. see my screenshot.
2. In the dialog box of your file system, browse to all the Jar files which are located in the components' folder, select them and then click Open to install it.
3. Click Refresh in the Modules view. The component is ready for use.
Shong