tTeradataOutput - The String Contains Untranslatable Character Error

One Star

tTeradataOutput - The String Contains Untranslatable Character Error

Hello,
I'm trying to write into a teradata table out of another teradata table using the tTeradataInput ---> tTeradataOutput
both tables, source & destination have the same data-type across the entire scheme and of course the same character set.
the issue is when i encounter this character in one of the varchar columns - i get the error "The String Contains Untranslatable Character".
The process works great with a teradata client using a ODBC driver or .Net driver, the only failure in this matter is in Talend. unfortunately i need to record this character due to data integrity constrains. so any help on this matter would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Yarin.
Seventeen Stars

Re: tTeradataOutput - The String Contains Untranslatable Character Error

It has actually nothing to do with Talend but with the JDBC driver from Teradata.
Try to find your correct settings:
http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_1.html
In case of further problems, I would recommend to check all strings for none-UTF-8 chars. There are a lot of Java classes which solve this task (I guess from Apache project).
Seventeen Stars

@pikerman: your post here does not looks like it has something to do with the topic Teradata or do I miss your point?
Converting a Java String to lower case here an example:
output_row.s_value = input_row.s_value != null ? input_row.s_value.toLowerCase() : null
One Star

hi,
The link seems very informative, however since i don't have a broad java knowledge - I'm not sure i know what is the implementation I'm looking for...
any help would be appreciated.
Yarin.