One Star

tTableauExtractOutput error

Hi - I am getting the following error when attempting to use tTableauExtractOutput
connecting to socket on port 3965
connected
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'DataExtract': The specified module could not be found.
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:194)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:283)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:244)
at com.sun.jna.Native.register(Native.java:1065)
at com.tableausoftware.DataExtract.Extract.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at scp_logfile.readlogfile_0_1.readLogFile.tFileInputRegex_1Process(readLogFile.java:2298)
at scp_logfile.readlogfile_0_1.readLogFile.runJobInTOS(readLogFile.java:4767)
at scp_logfile.readlogfile_0_1.readLogFile.main(readLogFile.java:4626)
disconnected
I downloaded tTableauExtractOutput from https://github.com/tfoldi/talend-tableau-extract

I installed it via Windows -> Preferences 
and copied the tableau native *.dll's and *.jar files as described in the following forum thread:
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=29262
I am using the following version of Talend:
Version: 5.5.1.r118616 
Build id: r118616-20140617-1110
and the latest Tableau Java 32 bit api's. I also tried the 64 bit API's which gave me the following error:
com.tableausoftware.TableauException: Invalid Extract handle
Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Peter
8 REPLIES

Re: tTableauExtractOutput error

Hi,
This is a custom component developed and shared by tfoldi on Talend Exchange, if you have troubles to use this component, you'd better contact the author of the component directly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina - I emailed the package maintainer directly. I have not received a response yet. If this component is no longer being maintained your user base should be made aware of this.
Peter

Hi ptait_skura,
Thanks for your suggestion.
I have notified this topic to the author tfoldi.
Hope there will be a response .
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Does Any body got any resolution or any response for this Error, I am too getting this error.
Tried every thing.
Please provide any resolution. 
One Star

I have the same issue, and would love a reply from the author.
Cheers,
Kasper
One Star

Hi all,
I encountered a similar issue a while ago and had hard time resolving it because I cant find the answer from any forums. Upon doing several combinations of solutions, I think I came across good answer.
Try updating the PATH in your environment variable by including the /bin folder that contains the DataExtract.dll which is from the Tableau Data  Extract API.
Example.
Set PATH of Environment variable to include
C:\Talend\TOS_DI-Win32-20150508_1414-V5.6.2\bin
Where  the "\bin" folder came from the Tableau Data  Extract API. I copy pasted the contents of the API to the folder where the executable runs.
Let us know if this solution works so that anyone who searches forums can have a good reference and won't take much time to resolve it.
One Star

Hi,
@ferrer_paolo  
Thanks for your help paolo, it solved the issue, and the component is working fine now.
Thanks,
Tamas
One Star

Good morning
I am encountering the same issue. Talend version (TOS_BD-20150702_1326-V6.0.0), Tableau 9.0 (64bits) and API (TDE-API-C-Java-64Bit.zip). I folled the next steps:
- Extract the contents of the tableau extract API libraries \bin directory into Talend's root folder C:\TOS\TOS_DI-Win32-r99271-V5.2.2\ (so put dataextract.dll, tdeserver.exe etc. in the same directory where your TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe is located).Done. In my case C:\TOS\TOS_BD-20150702_1326-V6.0.0
- Then copy Java\dataextract.jar Java\jna.jar files into C:\TOS\TOS_DI-Win32-r99271-V5.2.2\lib\java. In my case i dont find this directory and i copy them into C:\TOS\TOS_BD-20150702_1326-V6.0.0\WORKSPACE\.Java\lib
-And into C:\TOS\TOS_DI-Win32-r99271-V5.2.2\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.2.2.r99271\components\tTableauExtractOutput. I do not find this directory so I copy them in the file I created to put the component tTableauExtractOutput --> C\component_Talend\tTableauExtractOutput.
After running it in Talend the errors are:

I would be grateful if anyone can help me.
Thanks and regards.