Six Stars

tStatCatcher flow starts before the mainjob is run..?

Dear all,

I have made a job, which was working properly, but I wanted to incorporate logging to a database.
I used a flow with a tStatCatcher (see attached job), as it is used and configered in all the jobs running here.

However, for my job it throws an error, that it cannot add a null value to the ProcessID column in the database.

This however, is caused because the flow with tStatCatcher started running already before the main job had run, where the ProcessID will be defined.

The tStatCatcher is supposed to run only at the end of the main job. What did I do wrong? Or how is this possible?

I restarted both Talend and my computer already and it didn't do the job either..

I hope you can help me with this..!

• Data Integration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: tStatCatcher flow starts before the mainjob is run..?

I fixed it, in the tMap of the logging flow, I used notifications already of the components that are run before the ProcessID is set. When I removed these from the logging, this problem was fixed.

3 REPLIES
Ten Stars

The statcatcher should not be attached to anything but what it is writing to. If you have it connected to any of your subjobs, break the connection. 

It will also run at the very beginning and very end of your job since it is gathering and reporting on job stats.

Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

But I just copied what is working for former jobs already, tStatCatcher in both main and subjobs, and ProcessID's determined only later in the job. There this is no problem. So I'm wondering what I did wrong.

Six Stars

I fixed it, in the tMap of the logging flow, I used notifications already of the components that are run before the ProcessID is set. When I removed these from the logging, this problem was fixed.