One Star

tSqoopImport tHDFSPut

Hi everybody,
is there any simple scenario where we user the thow compoennts: tsqoopImport and tHDFSPut.
i want to store atable imported by sqoop on the HDFS.
Thank you! =)
5 REPLIES

Re: tSqoopImport tHDFSPut

Hi,
Here are component references with scenario tHDFSPut and tSqoopImport.
You can check the Sqoop database version and system supported by talend from here:https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Supported+systems+and+databases&content-lang=en
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you Sabrina for answring.
my problem is that don't see the "connection" between tSqoopImport and the HDFS.
i looked at the tsqoopImport's properties and there are no directions to a HDFS location.
I'am a Hadoop newbie, it's new to me ^^"
Employee

Hi
I believe you need to use the "advance tab" and add a parameter
--target-dir <dir>

Ciaran
Employee

Hi,
In the version you use, talend uses the Sqoop CLI to execute a Sqoop job. That means the talend job has to be executed on the same server Sqoop is installed on. That's why we don't need a HDFS connection... Because the job is executed from the cluster directly.
It's a know limitation which is gonna be fixed in 5.3 with the ability to use the Java API.
HTH,
Rémy.
One Star

Hi all,
i get this error when running a simple job with tSqoopImport component. I specified the necessary parameters.
general parameter
connexion :"jdbcSmiley Surprisedracle:thin:@//dwdv:1511/dbdev"
utilisateur: "user"
mot de passe : "pass"
nom de la table: "tablename"
advanced parameter
the columns, targetdir and the split by.
my database is Oracle as shown.
in the parameter "Connexion", do you have idea about the structure of ORACLE connection? "jdbcSmiley Surprisedracle:thin..." ?
thanks!