tSqoopImport error with Java API option

One Star

tSqoopImport error with Java API option

Hi,
I am using tSqoopImport component to load data into Hive directly using "hive.import">>"true" and "hive.table.name">> "sample1" options in the 'Additional Arguments'.
When I run my job, the data gets loaded into HDFS but, exit after following error:
: org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool - Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive.cmd": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
I am using Cloudera VM and my below configurations are being used:
NameNode URI: "hdfs://127.0.0.1:8020"
Resource Manager: "127.0.0.1:8032" 
Please let me know if this can be fixed.
Thanks! 

Re: tSqoopImport error with Java API option

Hi,
Could you please take a look at a related forum:http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34546?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for reply.
The post doesn't conclude any solution though.
I am still getting the same error. Although I have used tSqoopImport component and not any tHive component and using same ResourceManager configuration as I had mentioned in my post earlier. 
Also, what is the difference between Connection Mode as Standalone and Embedded? I tried both.
p.s. I tried running the job with tHive connection additionally but a different error though. I am using Hive version as Cloudera CDH5.1 Yarn Mode.
Error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodErrorSmiley Surprisedrg.apache.hadoop.hive.shims.HadoopShims.getHadoopConfNames()Ljava/util/Map;
One Star

Did anybody figured that out...