One Star

tSetDynamicSchema with tOracleInput

Is it possible to use tSetDynamicSchema to set the schema for tOracleInput? I'd like to be able to use dynamic schemas, but still be able to do schema-based validation.
4 REPLIES

Re: tSetDynamicSchema with tOracleInput

Hi,
Have you already checked component reference:TalendHelpCenter:tSetDynamicSchema?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes, I checked that, but I had missed the note at the bottom:
To work with tSetDynamicSchema, components should have the option of Use existing dynamic, which allows you to select thetSetDynamicSchema component from the list.
So does this mean it's not possible to use tSetDynamicSchema with tOracleInput since there is no Use existing dynamic option on that component?
One Star

Any update on this?
One Star

tOracleinputs can use dynamic as well.  That object "tSetDynamicSchema" turns a schema definition into a dynamic.... I'd imagine it is some sort of array inside the actual java code.
At any rate.
I have used this with tOracle several times.  Simply edit the schema on your Oracle object, create 1 column and change the type to "Dynamic" from the drop down list.
If it is a tOracleInput, a "Select * from <tablename>" will correctly fill that row, and pass it to the next transformation.  If it is a tOracleOutput you simply have to ensure that the schema sent to it is "Dynamic"