Four Stars

tSetDynamicSchema limited usage

Hi All,

I am trying to find the usage of the tSetDynamicSchema  component in talend ,but it seems like it is limited to only tFileInputPositional Component.

What i need to achieve is ,read the table x where i have mapping of the xlsx that is going to be read based on type of file.

For Eg :

table X

=============================================

Column_name Column_Data_Type Column_length      TYPE_OF_FILE

=============================================

A                             id_String                10                      X

B                             id_String                 20                     X

C                             id_String                 30                     X

Column_name Column_Data_Type Column_length      TYPE_OF_FILE    Mapped_Column

=====================================================================================

col_1                id_String                10                      X                                                A

col_2                id_String                 20                     X                                               B

col_3                id_String                 30                     X

col_4                id_String                 30                     X

col_5                id_String                 30                     X                                               C

So,my job first fetch data from the table x and apply that to tSetDynamicSchema ,now i need to fetch data from this xlsx which has schema exactly as tSetDynamicSchema_1 and then create another xlsx based on the table Y schema ,and the column fetched from xlsx should

My Question is how to use dynamicSchema after setting the schema.

1 REPLY
Community Manager

Re: tSetDynamicSchema limited usage

Hi
The Excel input components are not allowed to be linked with any data flow, that means you can't pass the dynamic schema to Excel input component, so I don't think tSetDynamicSchema can fit your need. Can you show us some example data and what are your expected result? Maybe we can provide other solutions.

Regards
Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business