Four Stars

tSendMail Client not Authorized exception when connecting to MS Exchange Server

Hello All,

I am facing an "com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated" exception when using tSendMail to send mail using MS Exchange Server. The credentials are correct as these work when I am using them in Apache Camel. I am using TOS_DI version 6.4.1. Would appreciate any pointers.

Regards.

13 REPLIES

Re: tSendMail Client not Authorized exception when connecting to MS Exchange Server

Hi,

What's your MS Exchange Server environment? Exchange 2010?

Could you please take a look at this article:http://www.servolutions.com/support/articles/exchange2007clientnotauth.htm to see if it works for you?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: tSendMail Client not Authorized exception when connecting to MS Exchange Server

The Exchange version is 2013 and the solution outlined in the link is not possible in the environment I work.

Regards,

Sohail

Hello,

Are you able to use "telnet" to test your MS Exchange Server? What does your tsendmail setting look like? Did you check the 'SSL Support' check-box in tsendmail component?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Yes, the telnet is working. The tSendMail settings (with dummy values) are provided in the screenshot. The SSL support is not required in my environment. I have also tries using "send" as username instead of "send@example.com" but I get the same message.tSendMail.png

Regards,

Sohail

Hello,

The user account should be of the form email@yourcompany.com.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello xdshi,

I am using myname@mycompany.com in both from address and username. Is this correct?

Regards,

Sohail

Hello Sohail,

Select this "Show sender's name" option, you can use your username(myname) if you want the sender name to show in the messages.

We are able to send an email by using tsendmail component without Authorized exception when connecting to office 365 on V 6.4.1

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello xdshi,

Unfortunately I am still facing the same error.

Regards,

Sohail

Hello,

Have you tried to other MS Exchange Server (2010) to see if it works? Are your SMTP host and port Ok with you?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello,

Thank you for the constant help. Unfortunately I do not have any other Exchange environment. But I have tested the same credentials on an Apache Camel route and everything works out fine.

Regards,

Sohail

Hi,

We will make an investigation on it to see if there is any testing environment (MS Exchange Server 2013) for us and will keep you posted.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Thank you. I will be waiting for a reply on the thread.

Regards,

Sohail

Employee

I am also same problem

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3484

[statistics] connected

Exception in component tSendMail_1 (DBFileParserLight)

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1388)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:959)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:583)

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:169)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)

at ingestion_pipeline_dev2.dbfileparserlight_0_2.DBFileParserLight.tSendMail_1Process(DBFileParserLight.java:979)

at ingestion_pipeline_dev2.dbfileparserlight_0_2.DBFileParserLight.runJobInTOS(DBFileParserLight.java:4251)

at ingestion_pipeline_dev2.dbfileparserlight_0_2.DBFileParserLight.main(DBFileParserLight.java:3958)

[FATAL]: ingestion_pipeline_dev2.dbfileparserlight_0_2.DBFileParserLight - tSendMail_1 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1388)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:959)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:583)

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:169)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)

at ingestion_pipeline_dev2.dbfileparserlight_0_2.DBFileParserLight.tSendMail_1Process(DBFileParserLight.java:979)

at ingestion_pipeline_dev2.dbfileparserlight_0_2.DBFileParserLight.runJobInTOS(DBFileParserLight.java:4251)

at ingestion_pipeline_dev2.dbfileparserlight_0_2.DBFileParserLight.main(DBFileParserLight.java:3958)

[statistics] disconnected