tSalesforceOutputBulkExec

One Star

tSalesforceOutputBulkExec

Hello
I am issues writing data to Salesforce, I have tried tSalesforceBulkExec but encountered an Invalid Batch error, which I cannot seem to figure out the issue.
So I decided to look at tSalesforceOutputBulkExec, but I cannot understand how the flow is suppose to work.
So I am reading data from a SQL Database. I write the data out to text delimited file.
Now how am I suppose to process the file with the tSalesforceOutputBulkExec component?
I have tFileInputDelimited with a main flow to tSalesforceOutputBulkExec component. What am I suppose to specify in the Directory setting? (Bulk file path)? If in tFileInputDelimited points to C:\Test.csv, is this also suppose to be specified?
Thank you.

Re: tSalesforceOutputBulkExec

Hi,
Have you already checked component reference:TalendHelpCenter:tSalesforceOutputBulkExec with a related scenario?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes, I read the documentation before hand but I am still unclear how to implement that is why I posted here. If someone can point in the right direction.
One Star

This is the line that is confusing to me.
Directory where are stored the bulk data you need to process
When I use tFileInputDelimited, this will read the data and flow it to the tSalesforceOutputBulkExec component. Is this correct? So I am unclear what needs to be specified in the Bulk File Path, I have tired the same file path as it used on tFileInputDelimited and  have also just specified the directory where the file is located. 
Thanks.
One Star

One more question on this, what I need to understand is the role of tFileInputDelimited and Bulk File Path. When I execute I see 0 rows being processed from tFileInputDelimited to tSalesforecOutputBulkExec, so does tSalesforceOutputBulkExec just use the Bulk File Path to get the file and reads directly from there without the need of tFileInputDelimited?
Thanks
One Star

HI Hipercept1,
If you are moving data from SQL, design should be like this. No need to have tfiledelimited as input.
tMSSqlInput --> tmap --> tsalesforceOUtputBulk (in the File Name field specify the path and file name)
tSalesforceBulkExec  ----------> tfileoutputDelimited (for successful)
                                    ----------> tfileoutputDelimited (for reject)

In tSalesforceBulkExec component,  Bulk file path field should contain the path/file name as it is in tsalesforceoutputBulk.
Thanks,
Nachiyappan.L
One Star

Thanks
I have implemented that design. But I would like to understand the design required for tSalesforceOutputBulkExec for future reference.
Regards
Derek