tSalesforceOutput - Error logging file

Five Stars

tSalesforceOutput - Error logging file

Hi Community. Im trying to write big volume of data in Salesforce using tSalesforceOutput component and there is lot of data quality errors in the file. I dont want the job to die on each error so in component Advanced settings I uncheck the 'Die on error' and set the path for Error logging file. However the result file is in terrible format for me, I would like to have in spreadsheet one row for each error. Is that possible? many thanks for help

Re: tSalesforceOutput - Error logging file

Hi,
I uncheck the 'Die on error' and set the path for Error logging file.

Are you using Stats&Logs feature in job review or tLogcatcher component? Could you please give us more information about your error logging file?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi, thanks. Im on version 6.1.1 and what I have been using is in Advanced settings of tSalesforceOutput component. There is checkbox "Die on error" and "Error logging file" where you can set the path for the file to be saved. I dont know those features you mentioned. The error logging file looks like something below but my question is if the format could be somehow changed to have one error per row generated, not like this. Thank you
Status Code: INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS
RowKey/RowNo: 1
Fields: Email
Message: Primary Email: invalid email address: microsoft.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message: Primary Email: invalid email address: figuero@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message: Primary Email: invalid email address: anna@well.com or anna.smith@aol.com
Five Stars

I'd recommend using tSalesforceOutputBulk and tSalesforceBulkExec