tSalesforceOutput_1 - java.lang.NullPointerException during commit

One Star

tSalesforceOutput_1 - java.lang.NullPointerException during commit

Hi There,
I am running a job in talend that updates salesforce and every 200 rows I get this error.
I have extended Output selected and the rows to commit is set at 200.
When I try any value less than 200 it gives me the same error.
I am using:
Version: 3.2.0
Build id: r30698-20091006-1107
I am using the ID as the Key and then updating one field, thats it. The updates go into salesforce ok but these errors are stopping me from running large amounts of data in as I am handholding it a lot more than i really want to be.
Exception in component tSalesforceOutput_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.salesforce.SforceManagementImpl.update(SforceManagementImpl.java:707)
at sparkle.s0004_updatedbtosf_0_2.S0004_UpdateDBtoSF.tMSSqlInput_1Process(S0004_UpdateDBtoSF.java:6513)
at sparkle.s0004_updatedbtosf_0_2.S0004_UpdateDBtoSF.tJava_1Process(S0004_UpdateDBtoSF.java:648)
at sparkle.s0004_updatedbtosf_0_2.S0004_UpdateDBtoSF.runJobInTOS(S0004_UpdateDBtoSF.java:11657)
at sparkle.s0004_updatedbtosf_0_2.S0004_UpdateDBtoSF.main(S0004_UpdateDBtoSF.java:11484)
disconnected
This is the error above.
It seems like it wants to do a commit and is flopping over at this point.
Any help would be appreciated.
Highlighted
One Star

Re: tSalesforceOutput_1 - java.lang.NullPointerException during commit

I have explored this further and it looks like its to do with an update to a row that doesn't exist in SalesForce inside the commit, how best to actually catch this and deal with it or ignore it?
Community Manager

Hello
how best to actually catch this and deal with it or ignore it?

Did you try to uncheck the 'die on error' box on advanced setting tab.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

When I did that it didn't seem to make the changes to the following account objects afterwards. It seems using the batch commit its all or nothing.
I had to drop the commit no. down a bit and watch the rows that where causing errors and not getting set to migrated, hand crank them and mark them as erroneous, there was no other way to do this.
Do you have any suggestion on how to programatically do this?