Four Stars

tSQLiteInput and terminated tSQLiteConnection

Hello.

My tSQLiteInput uses an existing tSQLiteConnection.

In certain circumstances the tSQLiteConnection is beeing terminated and my tSQLiteInput throws an exception because of missing connection and my job stops running.

Is there any way to reopen the connection when it has been terminated?

Thank you and best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: tSQLiteInput and terminated tSQLiteConnection

You can open/close connection per iteration . There won't be performance impact.

Yes I/O may impact, if you are running iterations in parallel. But sqlite won't complain ,since it always does write work for 1 connection/process/thread at a time, while read operations can be done in parallel.
5 REPLIES
Six Stars

Instead of using existing connection, you can provide
connection details in input explicitly . it will cost you 0 to always open a new connection, in the case of sqlite db.
Four Stars

Hello Chirgal. Why you mean that it costs me 0 if I access the file each iteration of around 200k iterations each hour?

Thank you.
Six Stars

Sqlite db are server less and based on local file only. R u really connecting to any external server while opening connection?
Four Stars

Hello, I know that sqlite is file based. But file i/o also takes time. db file is stored on a netshare...

Six Stars

You can open/close connection per iteration . There won't be performance impact.

Yes I/O may impact, if you are running iterations in parallel. But sqlite won't complain ,since it always does write work for 1 connection/process/thread at a time, while read operations can be done in parallel.