tSOAP - How to pass xml file attachment as an input to SOAP message

tSOAP sends the defined SOAP message with the given parameters to the invoked web service and returns the value as defined, based on the given parameters.
In the standard examples which are provided by Talend, the input or the parameter is single hard coded value (i.e. IS), based on the ENDPOINT, SOAP Message, SOAP Action and underlying WSDL, tSOAP components returns and displays the respective country name (i.e. Icelan), once we execute the job.
The used case which I am trying to achieve, is little different, the way we are passing inputs to the SOAP messages.
Instead of passing the single hardcoded input like 'IS' in the examples provided by talend, I need to pass 4 parameters to the SOAP message and 1 of that is the physical xml file which needs to be passed as an attachment to the SOAP message. 

Can any one help me how to ho about this?
Thanks!
Jeetendra Singh
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: tSOAP - How to pass xml file attachment as an input to SOAP message

Hi 
tSOAP doesn't support this functionality yet, we have created a jira issue for this request.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

Hi Shong,
Thanks for the confirmation here.
So instead of tSOAP component, can we make use of any other components like tWebService, tWebServiceInput, tESBConsumer etc to make a call to web service (SOAP message) and exchange, which expects input as an attachment (XML File), and returns output in an attachment (XML file)?
Your response and suggestions are really helpful and appreciated. I have also logged a SR to Talend Support to help me on this. Below is Ticket Number for your reference and more details on the scenario.

Ticket#: 2015050410000124

Thanks!
Jeetendra Singh
One Star

Hi,
Is there any update on this? We also interested to use Talend as a web service, and use that webservice to accepting data (soap
message/xml).
In TIS5.3.1 is it possible to create a Talend job and deploy it as a webservice, then have another application invoke that webservice and pass data/soap message. We then need to transform that data and load it to another web service.
What component should we use, do you have any sample on this?.
Thank you, appreciate it.

Thank you.
Regards,
Rera