Five Stars

tS3get - log errors

I have a job that reads a database to retrieve a list of file_names, what I later download from s3 using tS3get (iterate over the output from the database).  Some files are missing and I need to log them.  I tried using on error trigger and dump them to a text file, but it won't let me create that trigger.  What's the aproach I should take? 

Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: tS3get - log errors

Hello,

Could you please post your current job design screenshots into forum? Are you using "Onsubjoberror" or "Oncomponenterror" trigger?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi,

If this is working, please accept my solution as resolved and press Kudos button Smiley Happy Cat Happy

6 REPLIES

Hello,

Could you please post your current job design screenshots into forum? Are you using "Onsubjoberror" or "Oncomponenterror" trigger?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 9.31.23 AM.png

Five Stars

I was trying to use "on component error".

Six Stars

Hi,

I have an idea to get the unprocessed file names, if any other solutions available, please share in the forum.

use "on component error" trigger from ts3Get and connect to tjava component.

In tJava, use a context variable and append with the file name variable (from tFlowToIterate)

eg: context.filaname=context.filaname+","+((String)globalMap.get("Filename"))

So at last your context.filename will contain all the file names with comma separated.

Use a fixedflowinput, use this context variable and divide using tNormalize and save into another file.

Job Design:

test.JPG

Five Stars

Good idea. I'll give it a try.
Six Stars

Hi,

If this is working, please accept my solution as resolved and press Kudos button Smiley Happy Cat Happy