tS3get - Issue- Loading file to local including directory

Four Stars

tS3get - Issue- Loading file to local including directory

Hi,

I am using tS3List and tS3Get to download files from S3 to local.

tS3Get ideally should download file to mentioned local location. But, this downloading with entire S3 path. I think this is wrong, as it is not same in tS3Put component and AWS cli command.

For Ex: If i download <bucketname>path/subpath/file.txt to <LocalDirectory> , i will get <localDirectory>/path/subpath/file.txt

Below are the component detail I am suing.

tS3List : This has bucket name and key-perfix(Entire directory path)

tS3Get : This has 

bucket name : ((String)globalMap.get("tS3List_1_CURRENT_BUCKET"))

key : ((String)globalMap.get("tS3List_1_CURRENT_KEY"))

File : Local Directory

Tags (1)

Re: tS3get - Issue- Loading file to local including directory

Hello,

Have you tried use tS3Connection-->tS3Get to see if you can load your files to local without directory?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I am looking to download all the files from specific S3 folder to local. So, I need to use ts3get along with tS3list.  When I do this, it copies entire directory not just file. 

However, using tfileList and ts3put, I am able to copy file to S3 folder without copying directories. 

Hello,

Have you already tried use tS3Connection-->tS3Get to see if you can load your files to local without directory?

This issue is probably caused by tS3List component. There is a global variable "CURRENT_BUCKET" the current bucket name.

Here exists a new feature jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-40053

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.