Four Stars

tRunJob - Use an independent process to run subjob

When we check above check box for "Use an independent process to run subjob", wondering how either main/parent job or Job Server would set the values of -Xms and -Xmx of subjob, i.e. wondering how would java process of subjob would run with memory allocation (-Xms and -Xmx). Hope you got my question and thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES

Re: tRunJob - Use an independent process to run subjob

Hi,

The "Use an independent process to run subjob" option in tRunJob component which put the subjob in a different process and get it to spawn a new JVM.

Let us know if it is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I have the same question.  When using the "Use an independent process to run subjob" option in tRunJob component how can XMS and XMX java options be set for the spawned jobs?  Experience indicates it doesn't use the settings from the parent job.  e.g. parent is java -Xms512M -Xmx2048M but sub job is:  -Xms256M -Xmx1024M

Is there  a way to set the sub job -Xms and -Xmx?

Four Stars

You would need to set these memory settings of a sub-job, which would be launched in a separate jvm/process, in studio itself.Go to "Run" tab, and then "Advanced Settings".