One Star

tRowGenerator resets to default values

I am using component tRowGenerator to populate Date dimension. I have one date column with Function TalendDate.addDate. Env variables are date, nb, dateType. I set the values for these 3 parameters and ran the job. The job ran successfully and populated few columns of the table. I need to map more columns of the table and run the job again. 
Every time I closed the job and opened it again the parameters are reset to their default values, now if I run the job it throws an error stating myDate cannot be resolved to a variable. addValue cannot be resolved to a variable.
I set the parameters back several times, saved the job but still they are not retained. Is this a bug in Talend DI? How to resolve?
I am using Version: 5.6.1
Build id: V5.6.1_20141207_1530
12 REPLIES
One Star

Re: tRowGenerator resets to default values

Hi,
How did u add the date variable for TalendDate.addDate().
Use a static date and parse it using parsedate function of talend to avoid your issue.
-Bhanu
One Star

Hi Bhanu,
This is how I have added the date variable. See screenshot. I was using context variable myStartDate as date variable and 
passed that as parameter to the addDate function. I don't quite get what you mean by using static date and parse, can you post a screenshot.
Thanks
Shyni
One Star

Hi,
Is there any fix or workaround to the tRowGenerator bug?
One Star

Currently I am using Jaspersoft ETL Express
Version: 5.5.1
Build id: r118616-20140618-0111
The same issue is also in V5.5.1
Community Manager

Hi Shynicv 
Where are your screenshots? V5.5.1 was an rather old version, can you test the latest version and see if the problem still exists?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I uploaded the screenshots in the original post, but it is not showing up in the page.
One Star

please see screenshot 
One Star

The original post was reported for: 
TOS DI
Version: 5.6.1
Build id: V5.6.1_20141207_1530
Community Manager

Hi 
It seems you don't use the function TalendDate.addDate(Date mydate, int number, String datePattern) correctly. You can look into the definition of this function in Repository-->Code-->Routine-->System-->TalendDate.

Why you use this function on tRowGenerator?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Shong,
I am using the TalendDate function as per the definition. It also works as expected when I run the job. I am able to generate six years of dates from 1/1/2012. 
That is NOT the issue. The issue is that when I close the job and open it again. TalendDate.add function is losing all the parameters I set to originally. The parameters are resetting to default values.
Is this a fix or workaround to this issue?
Thanks
Shyni
One Star

The screenshots I posted here are not showing up. I have sent you email with screenshots, explaining the problem.
Thanks
Shyni

Hi Shyni,
No limitation exists for the image.
Make sure you drag&drop the image directly in the editor window and your file must not be bigger than 2 MB.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.