tRestClient POST Json issue

Six Stars

tRestClient POST Json issue

Hello,
after the update of Talend Open Studio Version (from 6.4 to 7.2) we have discovered a strange behavior on the tRestClient component.

To be more specific, we have a job that extract a certain number of Varchar field from an Oracle Table and then these values are sent to another external database through a REST Post. The REST Post module has not been changed and the Job Built with the 6.4 version works correctly.

If I build the same Job with the 7.2 version I have some issue with all the columns that contains numbers. When the REST Post is executed the destination table is filled with null values in the columns that contains numbers.

In the file attached there is my situation.

On the version 6.4 I have noticed that in the Advanced Setting (of the tRestClient) the flag CONVERT TYPES TO STRING is unflagged ( and as said the job works fine). 

I have tried to flag this option on Talend version 7.2, built the job and execute it and in this way the job works properly (if I flag the option in the version 6.4 is working too).

Is this a know issue?

Six Stars

Re: tRestClient POST Json issue

Hello, 
any news in regards?

Six Stars

@nikhilthampi could you help me somehow with this?

As I have a certain number of builded job that are running smoothly I do not want to rebuild all of them, but at the same time I would like to update my talend version.

Six Stars

@TRF , have you any hint on this?

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend Studio Improvements for API Services

Taken a look at the Talend Studio improvements for API Services

Watch Now

Data Integration Success Stories

Take a look at some Data Integration success stories

Read