tRest v/s tRestClient

One Star

tRest v/s tRestClient

Hi All,
Please let me know when should i choose tRest/tRestClient, i mean a say in which scenario is each one them suitable.
I want to do an HTTP POST, how can i do that with tRestClient, how do i pass the payload part.
Thanks in advance.
- Sam

Re: tRest v/s tRestClient

Hi,
Here are component references with scenario tREST and tRESTClient.
In addition, tREST is talend for Data Integration component, whereas tRESTClient is talend ESB component. They need different Configuration parameters and technology.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am using TOS DI 5.2.0 & it has tRESTClient.
-Sam

Hi,
Surely, component tRestClient exist in talend open studio under the ESB package using Apache CXF technology, but the tRest is under the Internet package using the technology of Rest. They need different Configuration parameters and technology. You can choose one of them which is up to your requirement and technology.
For more details about Rest, please refer to http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-restful/
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.