tRESTResponse: XML file does not appear to have any style information

Four Stars

tRESTResponse: XML file does not appear to have any style information

Hi,
I created a basic REST service job that accepts a HTTP request and sends the results, found in a database, to a tRESTResponse
The tXMLMap only sets the columns at the right position
The results appear in a browser as expected except for this annoying message:
"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."
I have looked in the settings of all the components included in the job but nothing helped
Even the last screenshot on https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tRESTRequest&content-lang=en has the message.
Any suggestions on how to get rid of the message and replace it by "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" at the beginning?
Or should we simply accept to live with it?
Thanks,
Employee

Re: tRESTResponse: XML file does not appear to have any style information

Hi
This is really a browser specific thing, when you test it from the browser it usually prefers text/html, so when it sees XML it says it can not auto-convert it into HTML without an associated stylesheet.
Ideally, when using a browser you'd return an HTML instead, i.e, you'd convert XML into a human readable page - unfortunately at the moment such conversions need to be done manually, example, you can add html tag with tXMLMap, etc.
If you have browser and machine clients you can have a job branching, example, check if Accept is application/xml only, if yes - return XML, otherwise - wrap it into HTML, etc
Sergey

Four Stars

Re: tRESTResponse: XML file does not appear to have any style information

Thanks a lot Sergey.  I have a better vision of the issue now
Stéphan