tPostjob is undefined for the type <job name>

One Star

tPostjob is undefined for the type <job name>

I recently upgraded Talend Enterprise Data Integration from 5.1. to 5.5.
A job I was working on in 5.1 is now giving me the following errors when I try to run with 5.5:
The method tPostJob_1Process(Map<String,Object>) is undefined for the type Maintain_Move_Financial
and
The method tPreJob_1Process(Map<String,Object>) is undefined for the type Maintain_Move_Financial
tPrejob and tPost job don't have any settings. How can the be wrong?!?

Re: tPostjob is undefined for the type <job name>

Hi,
The migration from 5.1. to 5.5. might cause this problem.
Could you please report a ticket on Talend Support Portal, so that we can give you a reamote assistance to address your issue quickly with priority, through the support cycle.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Even I am facing the same issue. Error is
The method tPrejob_1Process(Map<String,Object>) is undefined for the type "job name"
I am using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 5.5.1.r118616
One Star

Hi,
I'm seeing similar error message in Talend 6.0. In my case it appeared after adding few new components to the job and manipulating Context Groups.
Any updates on this issue? Is there a ticket number that we can look at?
P.S. removing tPreJob/tPostJob from the job, restarting the Studio and adding components back to the job seemed to have "fixed" issue for me.
Community Manager

Hi IvanRibakov
Can you please export your job and send it to me? It will be helpful for us to reproduce the problem.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce the issue as I don't know which of my actions have caused it exactly.
Regards,
Ivan
Community Manager

I'm seeing similar error message in Talend 6.0. In my case it appeared after adding few new components to the job and manipulating Context Groups.

You mentioned you have seen similar error in version 6.0.
One Star

You mentioned you have seen similar error in version 6.0.

Correct - I have seen it, but as I mentioned in my post update:
"P.S. removing tPreJob/tPostJob from the job, restarting the Studio and adding components back to the job seemed to have "fixed" issue for me."
I don't see the error any more and I can't reproduce it. Not sure how much use to you a "fixed" job that doesn't produce this error would be to you, but let me know if you still would like me to export and send it to you.
Community Manager

I am not able reproduce the problem right now. I would like you to send me the job if you meet the problem again.
Thanks!
Shong
One Star

BIG Thanks IvanRibakov