Five Stars

tPop to get today's mail from Gmail

Hi
I am able to connect to Gmail and also able to get emails download using tPop, but now i wanted to get Today`s emails from Gmail.
Please do not suggest to use "Delete Emails from server" option so that we can get new emails only.
i want only Today`s emails.
Any suggestion.
12 REPLIES

Re: tPop to get today's mail from Gmail

Hi,
Here is a filter option in Advanced settings part . Set the Filter item as
After date("dd-MM-yyyy")

and the Pattern as
TalendDate.parseDate("dd-MM-yyyy"," 20-02-2013")

See the following screenshot and for more component reference, please refer to tPOP.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

it is not working, i am not getting any mail after setting date, as you suggested. we have any Received date is equals to filter in tPop
But

Before date("dd-MM-yyyy")

is working fine. I am doubting it is Bug in tPop component. could you please check.

Hi,

I have executed the demo job successfully in Talend open studio for Data Integration (5.2.1 r95165). Which version do you used?
What's the mean "it's not working?". Is there any error and exception on your console? More screenshots will definitely help us to address your issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

i am using 4.2 version and it not giving any error or exception job ended successfully but, no mail downloaded.
it`s not working means when i used "After date" filter no mail downloaded but when i used "Before Date" filter it was working, it might be issue with 4.2 version, i will test it with new version.

Hi,
I am waiting for your testing result, thanks for your feedback.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I have tested this component using following versions
Talend Data Quality Enterprise Edition 4.2
Talend Data Quality Enterprise Edition 5.2
Talend Open Studio 5.0

but non of the version working on "After Date " filter.
please see the screen shot.

Hi,
It's weird, the job works successfully but without downloading mail, right? And if you use "Before date?"dd-MM-yyyy"?" instead of "After date?"dd-MM-yyyy"?", the job works? All the mails in your Gmail are fine?
I have uploaded my screenshot of tPOP "Basic settings" into the forum, hope it will have a little help.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Five Stars

for first two question yes it is what i mean to say. and
I am having same setting as in screen shot, but still have same problem. I did another check with "After Date " filter by giving previous year date like "15-02-2012" it started downloading emails but not for this year. i have 100`s of emails after "15-02-2013" but non the mail fetch. any other work out.
Five Stars

I tested this component with another 3 account, which has same setting but it is working with only 1 account we have to do research on this. below is my findings.
if you have more than 100`s of mails it will not work
if you have few mails then it will work.
or you have business account with Gamil then it works.
One Star

Hi umeshrakhe,
How much time it is taking to finish the job.
Because I tried this with my business account with Gmail. Job is not at all finished execution. After 20 mins I just stopped that job. Have any idea.?

Thanks,
Satya.
Five Stars

For my case it is taking less than 2 min. also check your firewall setting, some times firewall blocking mail access. have you configured all the things as mention in above forum chain?
if are able then please attached images for more information.

Hi umeshrakhe,
I tested this component with another 3 account, which has same setting but it is working with only 1 account we have to do research on this. below is my findings.
if you have more than 100`s of mails it will not work
if you have few mails then it will work.
or you have business account with Gamil then it works.

I have no more good suggestion about it, and I'm looking for your search result.
Best regards
Sabrina
--