One Star

tPop filter on exact phrase

Hey all, I'm trying to use the tPop component to pull all emails from an account that has an exact subject line. I believe the tPop component uses a regex expression to apply filters in the Advanced Settings area. So, I've tried to setup a filter on Subject that looks something like this:
"(\\W|^)THIS\\sIs\\sATest\\sof\\stPop(\\W|$)"
I believe this should be filtering on all emails where the subject is: THIS Is ATest of tPop
I have a test email in my inbox that matches the exact pattern, but when i run the component, i'm not getting anything back. If, however, i remove the filter, i will get emails from the component, so i know the general setup of the component is correct. So, obviously, I have an issue with my filter. I am still learning my way with Regex. I assume this should be pretty straightforward, but I can't seem to make it work? Any help would be much appreciated!
thanks!
arawan
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: tPop filter on exact phrase

Hi Arawan
If you only wan to get the email "THIS Is ATest of tPop", just type it in the filter.
Then you will get it.
If your requiement is more complex, please tell us which word you want to filter.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

thank you Pedro. That was the first thing i tried and when it didn't work, i assumed i had to put it into regex syntax. Maybe there's something else going on then... I'm pointing this at a gmail account, using pop3. When I set the component to return 10 email messages, with no filter, i get the 10 earliest emails from the account. I just ran a test trying to filter based on After date("dd-MM-yyyy") and set the value to "15-07-2012". This also did not return any emails, however I most certainly do have emails dated after July 15, 2012. any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?? It seems like the component is only returning data if i have no filter set?
One Star

Hi
Which version of TOS do you use?
I test it in my machine and it works fine.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

i'm using 5.0.1.
One Star

Hi
Could you show us more info to make sure it's a bug?
Because I test it under TOS 5.0.1. The subject is "Welcome on the Talend Community!" and I get it with tPop.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Strange, but when I switched to using imap instead of pop3, filters work fine. I wonder if this is a Gmail issue with POP3, or a bug in TOS?
One Star

Hi
I don't think this is a bug. As you say, this is decided by Gmail.
Anyway, glad to hear that it works. Smiley Wink
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

ok, well, in case anyone else runs into this issue, try imap! Smiley Wink
thanks for the help, pedro!
arawan