Five Stars

tOracleOutput java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

i am facing the below issue while loading the table with input file

Exception in component tOracleOutput_1 (import_contract)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at sun_project.import_contract_0_1.import_contract.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(import_contract.java:1489)

at sun_project.import_contract_0_1.import_contract.runJobInTOS(import_contract.java:2937)

at sun_project.import_contract_0_1.import_contract.main(import_contract.java:2703)

Can someone give any pointers to check the issue

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: tOracleOutput java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

Did you use tOracleConnection compomnent in your work flow? If so, is there any connector(onsubjobok or oncomponentOk) between tOracleConnection and tOracleOutput component?

Screenshots will be helpful for us to address your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

8 REPLIES
Nine Stars

This usually indicates that a variable in a setting or expression is null when the job is expecting a value. This can happen for a number of reasons. Examine the settings of the component identified in the exception, and make sure that any variables used are spelled correctly and are properly initialized with values before that component executes.

Hi,

Did you use tOracleConnection compomnent in your work flow? If so, is there any connector(onsubjobok or oncomponentOk) between tOracleConnection and tOracleOutput component?

Screenshots will be helpful for us to address your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

Five Stars

Thanks,

i feel the issue is with the field values having values as null during the insert. because i checked with some fields having values and it worked.

could you please let me know what expression to be used in tMap to avoid this error.

Five Stars

Hi,

Thanks, but i think issue is with the null value in some of the fields during insert.
Below is the error
Exception in component tOracleOutput_1 (import_product)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at sun_project.import_product_0_1.import_product.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(import_product.java:959)
at sun_project.import_product_0_1.import_product.runJobInTOS(import_product.java:1996)
at sun_project.import_product_0_1.import_product.main(import_product.java:1762)

and code at line 959 is
java.sql.PreparedStatement pstmt_tOracleOutput_1 = conn_tOracleOutput_1
.prepareStatement(insert_tOracleOutput_1);

Nine Stars

@xdshi was on the mark, it appears your connection isn't initialized properly. If you're using a tOracleConnection component to set up the database connection, you need to ensure that component executes first.

Hi vidya821,

Would you mind posting your job setting screenshots into forum which will be helpful for us to address your issue quickly.

Best regards

Sabrina

Five Stars

Yes it worked, Thanks so much

Hi,

Great it works. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina