tOracleInput throws error when Oracle DB password is about to expiry

Five Stars

tOracleInput throws error when Oracle DB password is about to expiry

When the Oracle DB password is about to expire, it will show a message box in developer tools like "PL/SQL Developer". This is just a warning message by Oracle DB and has an ORA code. Still, this seems to be an unsolved (uncaught) exception in Talend

Tags (3)
Ten Stars

Re: tOracleInput throws error when Oracle DB password is about to expiry

Its definitely NOT an uncaught exception.
As you're saying, its a warning... so an error should never be raised. And as of errors are raised by throwing an exception (in Java) and this is a warning, behavior is as expected and should not be treated as an error.

However it would be nice if tDBcomponents are able to handle warnings too, like OnComponentWarning, or OnComponetResultInfo or something like that.
Five Stars

Yes, that's right. But the Talend stops the execution and throws a schema error in tOracleInput, that's the problem

Ten Stars

Aaah now I get your title Smiley Happy) , sorry...
Does the DBConnection work, did you try that? Or are you connecting via tDBInput? There's a checkbox which you could uncheck in order not to 'die' when there's an error, not preferable.
Five Stars

Yes, DB connection works well after extending the password's validity and well before the password expiry warning arise.

This fails only when the Oracle DB's password is about to expire (before five days)

Ten Stars

So both components tDBInput AND tDBConnection raise an exception when a password is about to expire?

However, quite unusual to set an expiration date for a system/backend user... a common practice for 'batch_etl_talend' user:

alter profile <profile_name> limit password_life_time UNLIMITED;

Highlighted
Five Stars

Yes, these components "tDBInput AND tDBConnection" raise the exception, but the wrong one (schema exception) which I addressed as an uncaught exception

Please refer post - 3

I want this issue to be fixed in Talend

Ten Stars

I think you need to report a Bug. If you are on an enterprise license maybe you can get a temporary fix ... otherwise... wait and pray!

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.