One Star

tOracleConnection : How to create Oracle Wallet connection ?

Hello,
a) I want to create a tOracleConnection using an Oracle Wallet...
Can someone help me to fill in the different parameters correctly :
My Oracle Wallet is stored on my PC : d:\ECB\ORAWAL\
I want to use the GPDVL_SQL_PCU_A------ entry of my wallet.
I succeeded to connect the DB via sqlplus.
b) When I try to create a DB connection metadata, the Oracle Wallet connection type is not shown... Is this a bug ? Do you have a workaround ?
Thanks for your feedback...
My tnsnames.ora looks like this :
ifile=//xxxxx.xxx.ksys.be\OID_TNSNAMES\tnsnames.ora
ifile=//xxxxx.xxx.xxs.be\OID_TNSNAMES\tnsnames.custom.ora
ifile=//orclnet11.unix.banksys.be\OID_TNSNAMES\tnsnames.ora
ifile=//orclnet11.unix.banksys.be\OID_TNSNAMES\tnsnames.custom.ora
# New local entries to be able to use the Oracle Wallet
GPDVL_SQL_PCU_A142762.unix.banksys.be,GPDVL_SQL_PCU_A142762=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=xxxxxdev2.xxxxX.BANKSYS.BE)(PORT=1531))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=xxxxxdev1.xxxxX.BANKSYS.BE)(PORT=1531))(LOAD_BALANCE=false)(FAILOVER=true))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=GPDVL_SQL_PCU.xxxx.banksys.be)))

François,
=====================
D:\ECB\Tools\testsvn>sqlplus /@GPDVL_SQL_PCU_A------
SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Mon Jun 17 14:05:20 2013
Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle.  All Rights Reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, Automatic Storage Management, OLAP,
Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
SQL> q
SP2-0042: unknown command "q" - rest of line ignored.
SQL> quit
Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, Automatic Storage Management, OLAP,
Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
D:\ECB\Tools\testsvn>
6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: tOracleConnection : How to create Oracle Wallet connection ?

Hi
i never tried to create a wallet connection, but after search for a while on google, I think it should work with tJDBCXXX component, have a try to create a wallet connection with tJDBCxxx connection. Refer to this page:
http://tech.shopzilla.com/2011/09/oracle-wallet-with-thin-driver-with-connection-pool-with-database-...
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello,
After a few hours of word, I'm now able to work with tJDBCConnection and Oracle Wallet....
With tJDBCConnection, I have filled in values like this :
JDBC URL = "jdbcSmiley Surprisedracle:thin:/@GPDVL_SQ_PCU_A142762" (the entry in my tnsnames.ora)
Driver Jar : ojdbc6.jar (depends your JVM version), oraclepki.jar, osdt_cert.jar osdt_core.jar
Driver Class = "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
Username = null Password=null
Also, you need to add System properties at run time. Currently, I ticked the 'Use Specific JVM arguments' and added 2 arguments :
-Doracle.net.tns_admin="D:\ECB\ORA_Wallet" (where is located your tnsnames.ora file...)
-Doracle.net.wallet_location = "-Doracle.net.wallet_location="(SOURCE = (METHOD = FILE ) ( METHOD_DATA = ( DIRECTORY = D:\ECB\ORA_Wallet )))"
I have tried to put all these parameters in Contexts (after JDBCconnection METADATA creation)... but that does not work.
Do you have ideas ?
Thanks,
François,
Community Manager

Hi
First of all, glad to see you have got it works with tJDBCxxx component. For the problem of using context variable as DB parameters, which version are you using? I just do a quick testing to connect to Mysql using context variables on tJDBCInput component with TOS4DI 5.3.0 and it works. What's the error if it does not work?
Shong
One Star

Hi Shong,
I'm using TOSDI 5.3.0 too. And, the problem is linked to the post I just done : http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30198
When you use the Oracle Wallet, then login & password fields have to set to NULL (no empty string).
As workaround, I tried using tContextload... but cannot assign key to value NULL
François,
Community Manager

Hi
OK, I understand your problem now, and I have answered you in the new topic.
Shong
One Star

Hi,
How do I parameterize tOracleConnection_3 with the location of my Oracle Wallet or is it assumed to be in the Windows Registry? If Windows Registry is the default location, where will it go to find the Wallet once job is deployed to Linux?
Many thanks!
Peter