Six Stars

tOracleBulkExec throws ORA-00942: table or view does not exist error

I am trying to use tOracleBulkExec component (TOS 5.6.1) to "UPDATE" an Oracle table from a .csv file (exported from another database). I am getting the following error:
Exception in component tOracleBulkExec_1
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:91)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:112)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:173)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1030)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:183)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForRows(T4CStatement.java:936)
Is there any known problem with this component? I checked all the database permissions. They are correct. The "INSERT" works fine.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES

Re: tOracleBulkExec throws ORA-00942: table or view does not exist error

Hi,
Are you using BLOB or CLOB field when loading file to oralce database? More information of your current situation will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina, thanks for your response.
No, I am not using CLOB or BLOB. The database table columns types are varchar and date. Here are the screenshots of my simple test:

Hi,
Have you tried to use tOracleOutput component instead to see if this issue repro?
The work flow looks like:tOracleConnection-->tFileInput-->toracleoutput(update option)
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina, yes, tOracleOutput works. It appears to be this is a bug with the tOracleBulkExec component (that "UPDATE" doesn't work) in TOS 5.6.1.
Thanks for your help.

Hi,
Usually, the tOracleOutputBulk and tOracleBulkExec components are used together in a two step process.
Could you please take a look at component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tOracleBulkExec and re-design your work flow to see if it works?
tfileinputxxx-->tOracleOutputBulk
|onsubjobok
tOracleBulkExec
Best regards
Sabrina
--