One Star

tOracleBulkExec needs oracle client on Talend execution server?

I am getting a message "cannot find file sqlldr" when the tOracleOutputBulkExec component starts to execute. sqlldr.exe is an oracle utility used for direct path loading of data. The error seems to suggest that the oracle fat client needs to be installed on the server running the talend executable.
Is that correct that this is a requirement to use the tOracleOutputBulkExec in a job?
10 REPLIES
One Star

Re: tOracleBulkExec needs oracle client on Talend execution server?

I installed oracle client, and put sqlldr in the path. Job now executes and calls sqlldr, but as soon as sqlldr executes (after all rows output in data file), the job exits with no error - exit code=0
However, no rows get inserted into target table.
I added a tFileOutoutDelmited (on Main) after the tOracleOutputBulkExec, but no rows get outputted.
So, it seems that sqlldr is not executing properly when called by tOracleOutputBulkExec.
Community Manager

Hi
This component requirs an oracle Client installation on the machine where the job is executed. Do you check the 'use an existing connection' option and select a DB connection or create the DB connetion on tOracleOutputBulkExec? If the former, you need to use a tOracleCommit to commit the changes and close the DB connection. A screenshot of job is helpful for us to investigate the problem.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi
This component requirs an oracle Client installation on the machine where the job is executed. Do you check the 'use an existing connection' option and select a DB connection or create the DB connetion on tOracleOutputBulkExec? If the former, you need to use a tOracleCommit to commit the changes and close the DB connection. A screenshot of job is helpful for us to investigate the problem.
Shong

Hi. Yes, thanks. I got that going now.
Now I am at the point of loading data - Talend loads all fine except for CLOB data. I have read all the posts, nothing works. but I will enter that in as a new post.
Thanks,
Dave
One Star

Hi,
I'm using Talend 5.4.1 and when I use tOracleOutputBulkExec I get no error and it shows everything worked fine, but no record is actually inserted!
I have a commit after tOracleOutputBulkExec, and I also added a row in the load options. I tried with and without 'use an existing connection' option also and it didn't work either!
Is there any other setting that I need to do?
Thanks!
Four Stars

Hi,
Here are some of the screenshots of my issue! (previous post)
Community Manager

Hi fatemeh.behfar
Can you upload a screenshot of tOracleOutputBulkExec? It might be helpful for us to find out the problem. In addition, have you tried to use a tOracleOutput instead of tOracleOutputBulkExec to see if the data can be inserted into database with same DB connection?
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Hi fatemeh,
Probably your records are getting rejected at the output. Use reject output flow on table2 to find whether there are any rejections are there or not....
Vaibhav
Four Stars

Hi Shong,
I have tried tOracleOutput for that table and it inserted data with no issue! The reason that I picked tOracleOutputBulkExec was that the number of records are a lot. I wanted to speed up the load, as with tOracleOutput it took 30 minutes for for 50K records, and I have around 1M. I have used tOracleOutputBulkExec before and it worked fine!
I have truncated the table to use tOracleOutputBulkExec.
I'd appreciate if you could refer me to any post or other solution to speed up the load of tables with huge data.
Thanks!
Hi Sanvaibhav,
tOracleOutputBulkExec doesn't give me the reject flow to test that!
Four Stars

I have uploaded the screenshots to the previous post but it doesn't show!
Four Stars

Hi,
Any help on this?
I can see the .csv file is holding the records with no problem, the records just don't get inserted into database!!!
I used this component with other version of Talend (5.1.3) with no issue! Now I'm using Talend 5.4.1 and it doesn't work! Could it be the new version issue?!?!
Thanks