One Star

tNetSuiteInput - accessing custom fields in NetSuite

I am using the tNetSuiteInput for the first time. It is working well to get access to standard fields. But getting data from custom fields is not working properly. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.
In the examples i have posted, I want to pull data only for contacts in NetSuite that have a specific value in a custom field. I set up the search criteria as desired, and I do return only the rows that contain that value. When I look in the output from this query, the custom field is empty. So the search criteria recognizes the custom field just fine, but the data is not returned to the output of the component.
Any ideas on why this would occur?
I'm running TOS 4.2.1 on Win 7 64 bit.
Thanks, John
9 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: tNetSuiteInput - accessing custom fields in NetSuite

Hi John
This component is shared by dhock on Talend exchange, I have notified this topic to him and hope he will come back to us asap!
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi,
My guess is you typed those custom field names wrong. I don't see a netsuite screen capture to go by but I bet they don't match what is in NS. I would expect an underscore for starters. Usually starts with 'custrecord_'
Dave
One Star

Dave,
I posted the NetSuite definition for the custom field. The field is named correctly. The reason I was confident that it was named correctly was the filter using the custom field worked fine. With the filter in place for this custom field, I got only 70 rows. Without the filter, it returns thousands of rows. I confirmed the 70 rows are correct by running a saved search in NetSuite using the same Criteria.
Could there be a setting on the field that prevents it from being visible to the API?
John
One Star

Hi John,
I recommend debugging through the generated java code. Not sure what else to suggest.
Dave
One Star

Hello,
tNetSuiteInput v0.3 does not currently support custom fields in the output. We are currently working on v0.4 and it will support them (both as inputs and outputs). Will keep you posted.
Regards,
Daniel
One Star

Daniel,
Thanks for the update. Any ETA on v0.4? Don't need specific date. This year? Next?
Thanks, John
One Star

Hi John,
Yes definitely this year, some time near mid-october (to support NetSuite 2011.2).
Regards,
Daniel
One Star

Hello,
tNetSuiteInput v0.4 has been released. It supports custom fields (both in the criteria and in the results) and it has some other enhancements: http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/tos/extension_view.php?eid=353
It is running with NetSuite 2011.1 WSDL.
Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
I am connecting Netsuite with current version in Talend and getting Error, is this working for latest version also?
WSDL end Point :- "https://webservices.sandbox.netsuite.com/services/NetSuitePort_2016_1"
Error:
connecting to socket on port 3989
connected
Exception in component tNetsuiteInput_1
java.lang.Exception: Can't get a correct webservice domain! Please check your configuration or try to run again.
at org.talend.netsuite.NetsuiteManagement_CXF.initializeStub(NetsuiteManagement_CXF.java:214)
at org.talend.netsuite.NetsuiteManagement_CXF.submitRequest(NetsuiteManagement_CXF.java:559)
at nsprojetc.customerpull_0_1.CustomerPULL.tNetsuiteInput_1Process(CustomerPULL.java:811)
at nsprojetc.customerpull_0_1.CustomerPULL.runJobInTOS(CustomerPULL.java:1288)
at nsprojetc.customerpull_0_1.CustomerPULL.main(CustomerPULL.java:1145)
disconnected
Job CustomerPULL ended at 16:47 16/11/2016.
Please help!!
Kind Regards -
Dheeraj