Not applicable

tMysqlInput - MariaDB - Enable Stream Error

Hi - I am using TOS-DI 6.1.1.  I'm trying to use a tMysqlInput component with DB Version set to MariaDB.  When doing so, if I select "Enable Stream" under Advanced Settings, when I run the job, I get the following error from the component:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.mariadb.jdbc.MySQLStatement cannot be cast to com.mysql.jdbc.Statement
If i unselect Enable Stream, the error does not occur.  Also, if I change the DB Version to anything besides MariaDB, the error does not occur.  The database I'm interacting with is a MariaDB (Amazon RDS), so I assume I should use DB Version = MariaDB.
Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?  Functionally, things appear to work if I keep the DB Version set to MySQL5, but I'm not sure if not selecting MariaDB will cause me other issues?
3 REPLIES

Re: tMysqlInput - MariaDB - Enable Stream Error

Hi,
It looks like a bug. Have you tried to use V 6.2.1 to see if this issue repro?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi all,
I've faced with the same issue. And in Talend Open Studio Version 6.3.0 it causes an error too: "Execution failed : Job compile errors. Detail Message: com.mysql cannot be resolved to a type".
Could anyone suggest some solution to avoid using "enable stream"  whereas have a stream ?
Thank you beforehand.
Not applicable

Only way I've been able to get around it, and still use the stream, is to set the DB Version to mysql5.  That still works even if you are connecting to a MariaDB source.