tMomInput Vs tJMSInput

Highlighted
Eight Stars

tMomInput Vs tJMSInput

Hello Experts,

With the help of community, I am able to connect and use both the tMomInput and tJMSInput components to fetch data from Websphere MQ. However the biggest problem i am facing is performance. 

tJMSInput component gives the ability to fetch a defined number of messages from Queue and gives amazing read performance, on the other hand tMomInput component do not allow any batch fetches and forces the thread to be active even after reading all the messages in the queue and would only wait for more messages to come in and have relatively very less read performance. The max speed I experienced so far is around 35,40 messages/sec. Out of your experience do you know if there are any configurations that can improve the read performance of tMomInput.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Forteen Stars

Re: tMomInput Vs tJMSInput

Hi,

performance it is always a hard topic - depends on many factors,

but about limits, if you define tMOMConnection - WebSphereMQ, you will have both parameters:

tMOMInput_connection.PNG

-----------
Highlighted
Eight Stars

Re: tMomInput Vs tJMSInput

Thanks the reply Vapukov. I know that un-checking the Keep Listening check box will allow me to choose a specified number of messages, however my question was more towards performance. Even if i choose 100 messages to read as a batch, the issue looks to be more with the component, as tMOMInput would go sequentially and tries to process 1 message at a time, which is hampering the performance. On the other hand, for me to stick to tJMSInput the problem is, i do not have an option to include .jks files and in an enterprise environment we certainly don't want to go with userid/pwd, we can only access MQ queues through .jks which can not be done in tMOMInput component.

I am surprised, how other clients are using this component. 

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas

Blog