tMap - was working, now fields are null

Six Stars

tMap - was working, now fields are null

I had a simple job working

tJdbcInput -> tJavaRow -> tMap -> tMysql_SCD

it was all working fine.  I made some changes (not to the tMap - to another subjob which I've now disabled) and now the outputs from the tMap are null.  I still get a row through, but the primary key column gets reported as being null in the SCD component.

 

I added a tJavaRow between the tMap and the SCD, and I can confirm that the primary key has a value before the tMap, but afterwards it is null.  The logic in the tMap for the column is a straight pass-thru: row2.__kp_MID_ID

 

I've closed and reopened the project, etc. but the field value is still null!

 

One other thing of note... there are a LARGE number of fields in the record ... around 300 or so. But most of the tMap logic is pass-thru.  A few with some data type conversions.

 

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

 

*** One new finding... if I run under "Memory Run" it works!  But not under "Basic Run".  Or... maybe not.  Looks like it dies as well, but didn't show the red error on the SCD component.

 

Talend 6.5.1, Mac OS, java 1.8.0_131

Thank you.


Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: tMap - was working, now fields are null

I have now determined the problem.   The tJavaRow component just prior to the tMap... only thing I had in there was System.out.println(input_row.mid_pk)

But nothing was flowing through the tJavaRow.


All Replies
Employee

Re: tMap - was working, now fields are null

Hi,

 

    Could you please do the below items to track the root cause of your issue?

 

a) add a tlogrow after tMap to verify whether the data is coming properly after tMap. If it is coming, fine, the stage upto tMap is working fine.

b) Please select the Die on error option in your tMySQLSCD. In case it is having any error while writing, the Die on error will make sure that the error is properly displayed.

c) Make sure you are providing enough Xms and Xmx parameters for your job.

 

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

 

 

Six Stars

Re: tMap - was working, now fields are null

I had previously increased the Xms and Xmx amounts by 2x, with no change in results.

Die on error in the SCD was already checked.

I added the tLogRow, and it shows that EVERY field of the row coming out of the tMap is null/empty.

Six Stars

Re: tMap - was working, now fields are null

I have now determined the problem.   The tJavaRow component just prior to the tMap... only thing I had in there was System.out.println(input_row.mid_pk)

But nothing was flowing through the tJavaRow.

Employee

Re: tMap - was working, now fields are null

Perfect!

 

Could you please mark the topic as resolved so that it will help the Talend community?

 

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads