tMap output to tWarn

One Star

tMap output to tWarn

Hi all,
I would like to retrieve an tMap output (hundred columns) and send it directly to a tWarn for logs.
Would you have a suggestion ?
Thanks in advance.
One Star mpa
One Star

Re: tMap output to tWarn

shousseine,
What kind of logging do you mean? It seems you want to get the data from the tMap output shown?
If so use a tLogrow next to your tMap.
Regards
One Star

Thanks mpa,
My tMap output are my logs I retrive with my tlogCatcger. Here are screenshots for illustration
One Star

Are you using TOS-DI ?
--
Regards,
Vinod
One Star mpa
One Star

shousseine,
What exactly do you want to do with the output of tMap_1?
Do you want this output in a file? In the console?
Regards
One Star

Thanks both.
@ vinod_talend Yes I'm using TOS DI 5.1.1
@mpa I would like to send my tMpa_1 output to my tWarn in order to use it as "message" for my tLogCatcher.
Thks
One Star mpa
One Star

shousseine,
So in your logging file you want the columns from tStatcatcher "merged" with the extra 100 columns from your xml files?
Or do you want to have those 100 columns in the message column or..?
What does your xml file contain? 1 row.. 1000 rows?
Regards
One Star

thank you mpa,
I'll give more details about my problem.
I have 2 xml file as input I want to compare the lines one by one to see if there's conflicting data
xml1----------main----tmap------process.
xml2---------lookup--'
In my tmap I have treatements like this
-----row1.REFERENTIAL_SOURCE.equals(row2.REFERENTIAL_SOURCE)?"":"VALUE different for REFERENTIAL_SOURCE (ID,Ref,CFO)"+"|"+row1.BUSINESS_ID+"|"+row1.REFERENTIAL_SOURCE+"|"+row2.REFERENTIAL_SOURCE
(for my hundreds columns in my xml files)
I would like to have this : ("" Or "VALUE different for My_Column ........" ) in my log file.
This log file is processed like this (see screenshot). "Message" is retrieved from my tWarn
My question is how to have my output from tMap_1 in my tWarn (so I use it in my tLogCatcher------tMap-----tfileOutputdelimited who is my log file)
The xml file contains about 200 records
regards,
One Star

Hi shousseine,
Your Job looks perfetly fine to me, and it will capture pretty much what it is supposed to be, but it appears as you are trying to capture the errors also which might occur due to unavailability of the file or other runtime errors, unfortunately that much extensive logging is not there, for example level of log4j logging. However for the same purpose you can redirect the logs from following location, select File > Edit Project Properties then click Stats & Logs, then click on Use logs(tLogCatcher) then provide file credentials or the databse credentials to log the error also make sure following are checked Catch runtime errors, Catch user errors, Catch user warnings
Hope that helps.
--
Regards,
Vinod
One Star

Thanks vinod_talend
effectively I also capture errors and other warnings but that is OK.
But I'm stuck on this : tMap-----main----->tWarn. Sending data to my tWarn from my tMap.
Any suggestions
regards
Seven Stars

You can set the "Warn message" in tWarn to use the column values from the tMap output e.g. "Field A value = "+out1.fieldA. That then becomes the message column value from tLogCatcher.
Still not clear exactly what problem you're having. Are you trying to concatenate all the column values from tMap into the message?